Skip to main content

Meal Applications

Apply for Free or Reduced Meals Benefits 

 free reduced lunch graphic

Click here to Apply Online

Click here to view Federal Income Guidelines

Click here to view the parent letter and instructions

Click here for a printable application

Frequently Asked Questions:

Do I need to fill out an application for each child? 

No. Complete one Free & Reduced –Price School Meals Application to apply for free and reduced meals for all children in the household. Apply online at the link above. We cannot approve an incomplete application, so be sure to fill out all required information and sign. Online applications come direct to us.  If you do not have access to a computer you may come to any campus cafeteria or the Food Service Office at the Middle School to apply/ or pickup a paper application.

Who can get free meals?


Your children can get free or reduced meals if your household’s gross income (total, without deductions) is within the limits described on the Federal Income Guidelines (see link above).

Special Program Participants- 

All Children in households receiving benefits from SNAP, FDPIR or TANF can get free meals.


Foster children under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals regardless of the income of his or her resident household.

Homeless, Runaway and Migrant- 

Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway or migrant qualify for free meals. If you have a question about homeless, runaway or migrant status please call Kara Gorman at 806-381-8721.

Directly Certified for Free Meals- 

If you have received a notification letter that your child is directly certified for free meals, do not complete an application, but do let the Food Service Office know if any children in your household who attend school are not listed in the letter at 806-381-7833 and we will get them added.

Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free meals? 

Carefully read the letter you received and follow the instructions. Call the Food Services Office at 806-381-7833 if you have questions.

My child’s application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out another one? 

Yes. Your child’s application is only good for the first few days of this school year. You must apply for a  new application unless the school told you your child is eligible for this school year.

I get WIC, can my child(ren) get free meals?

Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced meals; please fill out an application.

If I don’t qualify now, may I apply again later? 

Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household income or circumstances change, you may become eligible for free or reduced meals.

What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application? 

You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: Richard Kelley, Superintendent, 9500 U.S. Hwy 287 N, Amarillo, TX 79108, 806-381-7800.

If you have other questions or need help, please call the 
Food Service Office at 806-381-7833.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form <>, (AD-3027) found online at: <>, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:>.

This institution is an equal opportunity.