“Team of Eight”
The “Team of Eight” is a term coined across all Texas public school districts to describe the roles, and working relationship of the Board of Trustees and Superintendent in leading the work of a district. This term and vision is a part of annual training for Boards and Superintendents through the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB). The premise is that all Board Members and Superintendents must share a mutual understanding and respect for their respective roles and responsibilities and work together as a team for the good of the students and community.
Members of the 2019-2020 “Team of Eight”
Board of Trustees
Amanda Brown, President
Butch Dawson, Vice President
Dana Finley, Secretary
River Road Independent School District
From the year 1919, when the River Road School was a one-teacher building to the present, our ultimate goal remains the same: to inspire students, to build them up, and foster them in the pursuit of knowledge.
River Road ISD invests heavily in technology, facilities, and faculty. In addition to major facility renovations to accommodate the new Vocational Programs, RRISD boasts a more than 2:1 ratio of computers and mobile devices per student.
River Road ISD students benefit from a diverse curriculum and rewarding extracurricular activities programs. In addition to the Diplomas & Degrees program, where students will not only graduate with a high school diploma, but also an Associate’s Degree from Amarillo College at the same time, River Road ISD offers certifications in the Certified Nursing Assistant program (CNA), Welding and Cosmetology.
River Road ISD is comprised of four campuses including the High School, Middle School, Rolling Hills Elementary, and Willow Vista Early Childhood Academy.
“The Right Road for the Right Reason”
Our mission is to provide an innovative and comprehensive educational program that prepares students to be productive and responsible citizens.
* We believe a learning environment where everyone experiences security, care, dignity, and respect is essential.
* We believe excellence requires integrity, commitment, passion, pride, and the ability to overcome.
* We believe education requires meaningful involvement and is the shared responsibility of the student,
parent/guardian, the school, and the community.
* We believe everyone has a responsibility to serve as a positive role model to enhance relationships between students, staff, parents, and community members.
* We believe every student should graduate high school college, career, or military ready, and be productive and responsible citizens.