Skip to main content

Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT)

Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT)  – School Year 2021-2022  

P-EBT TDA banner


Some Texas families who lost access to free or reduced-price meals during School Year 2021-2022 due to the COVID-19 pandemic will receive P-EBT food benefits.

More information about this year’s P-EBT benefits, including eligibility requirements and benefit amounts, will be released in mid-April.

One requirement for P-EBT is that students must be certified as eligible for free or reduced-price meals through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) at their Texas school during the 2021-2022 school year. Receiving free meals at school does not automatically qualify a child for P-EBT.

Should I submit a Meal Application for my child (ren)?

You DO NOT need to apply if:

 Your child has been directly certified, lives in a household approved for SNAP, Medicaid, TANF, attends our Head Start program or has foster, migrant or homeless status.

You DO need to apply if:

You believe your family is income eligible for free or reduced-price meals.

Not sure if you are income eligible?

Use the Income Eligibility Calculator here:  or click here for the Income Eligibility Guide.

The District will send more information out as soon as we receive it in mid-April. You may submit an application now. We will process and send your results via email to ensure that if your student is eligible for P-EBT there will be no interruption in benefit issuance.

Click the link to apply:

NSLP P-EBT infographic

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form <>, (AD-3027) found online at: <>, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:>.

This institution is an equal opportunity.